Friday, July 6, 2012

Rebasing some of my old models

Perhaps you have seen some of my old models in my review of the Feldherr XL and wondered: What the *** are those ugly based miniatures. And you are propably right. But before you judge them I will tell you something about those poor Skaven :-)

Old Clanrats

These are models from the 90ties, to be exact these are the old Skaven Clanrat models of the 4th edition. At this time, basing your miniatures in green was pretty trendy, so I did the same thing with gras flock of undefined origin and was pretty happy that I had painted a complete unit including my old Screaming Bell. That was a time when 20 models made a complete unit!

With the new edition and my new gaming board, I decided to rebase these old models (and paint some of the pure plastic ones). Since I already have a completely based unit of new clanrats, I may use them as slaves but we will see.

Here is a new painted model with my new basing theme, an old Skaven Slave model (should also be from the 4th edition):

Fromt the front From the back
The first 12 models (not shown) are prepared and await some drybrushing. I will also use some water effects on some of them to achieve an effect similiar to the one of my unit filler.


So long,
Paradox0n


2 comments:

  1. 90ties models are so cool :) I started hobby in 5 edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.. very nice to go down memory lane there.. also started in 4th edition, but mine was with Beastmen.. a lot of fun back then.. re-basing looks good though.. will be nice to see them all done up on the new board.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts