Saturday, September 21, 2013

Nightmares coming true

Scibor Moscal Boyar Lord - Cut from sprue
I really hate it when my nightmares are coming true. Perhaps you can remember my worries with the Scibor Moscal Boyar Lord I received from Mr. Lee this week. I feared that cutting the axe head and shield from the sprue may cause some problems... I really shouldn't have said that because exactly this happened. While carefully trying to cut of the stuff (with a new blade for my scalpel and everything) there was a short snap and the axe head broke in two halves. Maybe you can think of all those curses on my lips...
Apart from that I also have some problems with the casting quality of some of the parts. You can clearly see some miscasts and the problems the stamp technique brings (sharp details on the surface but on the melting areas you can see the different layers). The miniature itself is great, the additional stuff so lala. Overall I hope I can fix all the stuff and make this a beautiful figure.


So long,
Paradox0n

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Lee. Don't know why Blogger thought your comment had to be deleted... Don't worry, everything will turn out nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those of you who are curious:
      "Hmmm mate.. I am sorry to see that it showed up battered ( again ) and that the axe head is so problematic for you.. I hope that once you get this sorted it will all work out and be a joy to paint! Everything happens for a reason here.."
      That is what Mr. Lee had posted.

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts