Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Procrastination - Blogging laziness and Late summer

Procrastination - Being lazy sometimes pays off
Perhaps you already wondered why there are so few new posts on the blog at the moment. To be honest I am taking a step back from the blogosphere do some gaming and most important taking the chance to enjoy the last rays of sun and mild temperatures for a reborn hobby. But first things first:
I think I have some kind of hobby burnout. Most of the time I fight alone with my hobby stuff, have fun with it, but mostly painting or crafting alone isn't really motivating. At least my wife supports me and lets me piling up my stuff and so but at the moment I see all those plastic miniatures (or started terrain stuff) and am disheartened be the amount of stuff I have flying around. Lots of ideas but no creative power to execute all those ideas. Somehow this is really sad but if your work also kicks in (I have to substitute our Scrummaster on top my development work) the only thing you can do is to sort your time and ask yourself what to do with it.

Planetside 2 - Massive battles ahead
Ok playing online games may NOT be the best way to do but at least it is somewhat relaxing. After playing (again) a MMO for over a year I did cancel the playing after it went Free2Play. My guild disbanded (to be honest the last two guilds I played in) and only doing PvP isn't really what I wanted to do. And since my wife doesn't have the time to play, the motivation was completely gone. This was one of those few games we played together. So I switched to a new kind of game, a shooter and I have to say: Pure fun. Nothing to pay (ok, if you pay you get much better equipment early in the game) and you can jump in, play some time and log off without any risk of snuching your teammates. And you really have massive battles like it is promised in all those trailers of Planetside 2.

Focus Black Forrest - Over hill and dale
Last but not least I revived an old hobby of mine: Biking. After we started doing our weekly shopping by bike it was very clear that my wife needed a new one. So we went to a local trader and did find a pretty Trekking-Bike (ok ok the only one in her size) with some decent components and she had so much fun cycling with it that she even cycled to work! Motivated by this I wanted to repair my old mountain bike but was pretty frustrated because the shifting system was completely misaligned, I needed new cables and brakes and my wheels were slightly bend. Happens when a bike just stands in the corner for years but isn't really helpfull if you want to do a bit more than just shopping. Therefore I decided to buy a new one. The one I wanted was already sold out, so I bought me a Focus Black Forrest 3.0. Really fitting, since I live in this region. The weekend stood under the sign of cycling and we did a small tour of around 17km to test my bike and on sunday a slightly longer one of ~35km, visited the Mundenhof  (a small animal park here) and enyojed the last summer days. Perhaps we are lucky and get some more summer but who knows with all the pranks the weather did here the last weeks.
Sadly we had to bring the new bike of my wife to our dealer's workshop since we heard a loud rassling and creaking while cycling. They already disassembled  the bottom bracket and the rear axle without success. So we hope that they'll find a solution soon since we wanted to do a small tour on next sunday. At least the service was friendly and attentive and we really had the feeling they do everything in their power to find the problem and solve it.

So... Yes I live but doing some other stuff. At the moment things are going slower here. I don't want to stop completely with writing (I already have some  articles to finish) but will not force myself to do it. Winter is coming (soon)! Which brings again more time for painting, crafting and blogging.


So long,
Paradox0n

6 comments:

  1. When you experience burn out, it is best to set it aside for a while. The pull to hobby will return.

    Enjoy the last dregs of Summer, it's what I plan to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words. Luckily its no real burnout, a real one feels much different (sad to say I know what I am talking about there). But if things get starting being a kind of dept instead of being fun its time to say 'No' and start doing things slower.

      Delete
  2. Definitely enjoy the weather while you can. Spending time being active with your family is always a good "excuse" for not doing any hobby work. And like Anne said just put it aside for awhile. We will be ready for you when you have something you want to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Yeah taking things slower (and not getting frustrated by all this stuff in the pipeline) will help :)

      Delete
  3. You use SCRUM? Nice! More so since I was a PO until recently ;)

    Don't worry about the pile of metal, resin, plastic crack that is growing. I have gone through the same thing actually and it is brutal. Now I just try to focus on a small pile. Get through it, and then move on. Sometimes it works, sometimes I am pushing myself too hard to get through it. But in the end the pile begins to move.

    And great that you got new bikes! Am hoping to do that in the new year also with the wife and little one! Will see if we can or not!

    Enjoy the last parts of Summer mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep SCRUM rocks. Wanted to do a Scrummaster certification but it doesn't fit into my working profile atm. Being agile (if SCRUM or some other framework) is most important in software development.

      The bikes are great! After the one of my missus is now fully restored (they had to change the back axis, the pedals and adjusted some other stuff) we are ready for training. Our dealer himself doesn't know how this could happen with a new bike, but they really worked fast and even gave as an exchange bike for the time ours was repaired. Customer service at its best I would say.
      Plan is to go on a cycling tour to Scotland next year (we'll see how THIS goes).

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts