Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review - Laptop cushion as paintstation

Laptop cushion - My new painting station
Today I want to show you my new painting station which I can use if I paint in front of the TV. Since my wife has to sit alone in our living room when I paint or tinker and we only have these evening times together, she bought me thisthingy which she thought would be cool for painting at our TV desk. Normally this is a laptop cushion with a pencil- and cup holder. And a small LED lamp. The lamp is powered by batteries so no need for some nasty cables. The surface is somewhat rubberized so the stuff on it won't slide around.

So what will I gonna do with this thing? Slot for pencils = slot for brushes, slot for cups = slot for water pot and rubberized surface to keep my painting pots and wet palette on place. Check! I did some testing with arm position and the like and it seems pretty decent either lying on the table or resting on my legs. The LED's give a rather cold light, no clue how near or far away from daylight this may be... But for some basecoloring or stuff it is more than enough. The light also is so focused that I can paint while my wife is watching TV and we could spend some time together. And maybe it can motivate me for some more hobby time :)


So long,
Paradox0n

6 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea as our hobby can really separate us from our families. Base coating takes a long time and if you can get that done whilst being beside your wife, that's a real bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Credit goes completely to my wife :) I am lucky that she supports my crazy hobby and even tries to motivate me to paint more.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No harm done but.. I can't get the joke? Please enlighten me! ;)

      Delete
  3. I would get far too distracted by the TV to sit and paint like this, but then my painting desk is in the living room (out of view of the TV) so I'm still in the same room as my missus. Good idea though, and if it works for you then great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best is to watch some already known movies or some series or documentations. Most of the time you can follow this stuff only with the audio and if necessary your paintjob can always wait these five thrilling moments of the TV show ;)

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts