Monday, January 26, 2015

MMM - Random musings

After a long time I do again a MMM but switching from Monday Morning Music to Monday Morning Musings :) At least for today. I just don't want to post some music today (which I will do nonetheless) but also do some ranting and musing. Seems fitting at the moment because I just can't find the needed time for the hobby and even the blog is not traded as well as it should be (despite all the good intentions for this year). So I will at least start with blog care!

But as usual I will start this post with some music!
Woodkid - Conquest of Spaces:


Spending money on the hobby without having time for it

As you all know (at least those who read the blog somewhat regularly), I often have some peaks at my working time, where I have weeks where I can't even think of doing something for the hobby. Sometimes I can't even read all your beautiful posts.
Nonetheless I spend hundreds of euro on hobby related stuff (just placed an order for the upcoming LEgion ov Everblight All-in-One box and some colors). The piles of plastic and white metal grow and grow but never see daylight. But why do I do that? Is it just collecting mania? The hope that some day I have the time to paint and play with those zillions of miniatures (I can't even count them anymore, but I think alone my Skaven army has some hundred miniatures)? Plain stupidity?
I think its a mixture of all :) Most of the time it doesn't hurt me to spend 20 euros or so on miniatures or join a crowd funding project and pledge 100 dollars or so. And from time to time I can fit in a game or paint something and thus I justify somehow the buying of new stuff...

How do you deal with that collecting mania? What are your reasons?

Winter Forrest: Hiking in a magic world

Sunday we did a hiking trip again. It was already planned some time ago but due to sickness and stuff I could go for a hike but yesterday we finally had the time to do so. And it was a trip through winter wonderland :) It was a bit longer than expected (we planned for roughly 14km in the end we had 18km on the clock) and we crossed snow-covered paths, frozen lakes and an insane ice wall. Today I can feel muscles I forgot I have in my body but it was worth it! Especially since I hadn't the possibility for hiking for more than a month.
As usual I will just show you some of the impressions from the tour. Some of the stuff was just not to catch with the camera but I hope you can get a feeling of the magic of this tour.
And to all who think realistic icicles can be done easy with a bit of glue... Just look at the real thing! :)



That's it for today. Have a good start into your week.

So long,
Paradox0n

P.S.: I think I forgot to welcome a new follower. Welcome Paul, have a seat and thanks for following. I don't know why, but I can't follow your blog, I always get an error from Google...

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, collecting mania :-) I've found it a bit like a late night craving for potato chips. Just distract yourself for a while with some other task and the impulses to purchase will pass. If the urges don't subside, perhaps you really do want it. It's amazing how often the impulse to buy will pass though. Having a big clear-out of unused things is also quite liberating, and you may then want to hold on to that feeling by not replacing it all with more stuff that just sits around in boxes!
    Thanks for the welcome. The Follow button on my blog has never worked. There are some instructions above it on how to join though if you want to :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I will follow. And with the little help I can do that now :)
      One of the things I always do is following everyone who follows me and add them to my blogroll. Sharing is caring you know :)

      The waiting thing I do most of the time, otherwise I would have no space anymore. Too much great miniatures out there.

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts